If you’ve landed on this page, you either clicked out of curiosity or desperation.
Either way, the treasure trove of links provided will point you to a handpicked selection of our most valuable posts.
Whether you are a first-time blogger and unsure of where to begin or a seasoned veteran needing to freshen up your writing skills, everything you need is right here.
So pick a section below that speaks to where you are right now, and dive in!
- Want to Start a Blog, but Don’t Know Where to Begin?
- Need to Improve Your Writing Skills?
- Already Blogging, but Struggling to Get Traffic?
- Want to Avoid the Most Common Blogging Mistakes?
- Want to Make Some Money from Your Blog?
Want to Start a Blog, but Don’t Know Where to Begin?
You have something to say and want your words to go out into the world to teach and inspire the generations to come. And a blog is the perfect platform for spreading your ideas.
But you have a problem, and it’s the same problem every beginner blogger has — you don’t know what you don’t know.
And here’s the truth, what you don’t know can hurt you.
Here are great resources to get you started on your blogging journey:
- How to Start a Blog in 2019: Research Reveals 20X Faster Method — A step-by-step guide for how to start a blog in your spare time, including cutting-edge strategies that will help you grow your audience faster than ever before in 2019.
- The 5 Best Free Blogging Platforms in 2019 (100% Unbiased) — So, you’d like to take blogging for a test drive, eh? See if you like it or not before ponying up the bucks for a complete self-hosted WordPress setup? We reviewed the best free blogging platforms. Here are the ones we would use in different situations.
- WordPress Hosting: A Brutally Honest Guide That’ll Save You Money — Most of what’s published out there about WordPress hosting is total BS. Use this guide to get honest, unbiased info when choosing the best WordPress host for you.
- How to Write a Blog Post in 2019: The Ultimate Guide — Want to know how to write a blog post that blows your readers away? This massive, step-by-step guide will show you how it’s done.
- 63 Blogging Tools That Will Make You Insanely Productive — Ever wonder if you’re using the right tools for your blog? Check out this list of essential tools to grow your blog from nothing to a seven-figure business.
- Evergreen Content 2.0: Timeless Posts People Will Actually Remember — Your content could be relevant and evergreen until the end of time. But if it’s bland, it won’t matter. If it’s boring, no one will care. If it’s forgettable, its timelessness is wasted. In this post, learn how to make your content memorable (so that it isn’t forgotten 5 minutes after you click publish).
Need to Improve Your Writing Skills?
Here’s the thing:
Blogging is writing.
The better a writer you are, the better a blogger you’ll be. But how do you hone your writing skills so that people love reading and sharing your work?
Start by studying these posts.
No matter how long you’ve been writing, you can improve. Here’s how:
- 600+ Power Words That’ll Pack Your Writing with Emotion — Ever wish there was a shortcut to tap into your readers’ emotions? An easy way to make them feel exactly what you want? Well there is. Power words.
- 581 Sensory Words to Take Your Writing from Bland to Brilliant — Are your words falling a little flat? Looking for ways to add a little punch and pizzazz to your writing? This massive, in-depth guide tackles a secret weapon used by literary greats, businesses, writers, and bloggers alike: sensory words.
- 297 Flabby Words and Phrases That Rob Your Writing of All Its Power — Ever worry that your writing lacks power? Did you know that certain words and phrases can weaken your writing without you realizing? Learn which ones here.
- Writer’s Block: 27 Techniques to Overcome It Forever — How can you overcome writer’s block? Try these refreshingly original techniques to shake up your inner muse.
- 7 Simple Edits That Make Your Writing 100% More Powerful — Ever wonder why your writing lacks the impact of your writing heroes? Find out the simple secret they don’t want you to know.
- How to Write Faster: 10 Crafty Ways to Hit 1,000 Words Per Hour — If time is tight, or you’re paid by the hour, learning to write faster can make a huge difference. These tips from a veteran freelance writer show you how.
- How to Become a Better Writer: 14 Tips to Up Your Writing Game — Want a resource that summarizes our favorite writing tips? If you’re struggling with your writing skills, reading this post should be your first step.
Already Blogging, but Struggling to Get Traffic?
Your blog looks mighty fine, and you have a dozen or so quality posts published. You’re pouring your heart and soul into your content but the problem is, nobody’s reading it.
Well, almost no one — your stats boast an audience of 1, but most likely it’s your mother.
Time to read up on how to drive traffic to your blog:
- 10 Things You Need to Do After You Publish Your Blog Post — Your job’s not done when you wrote and published your post. If you want to give it the best chance you can, do these 10 things after you click publish.
- How to Turn Quora into a Traffic-Driving Machine for Your Blog — Quora’s not just a popular Q&A platform, it’s also a great source of traffic for bloggers. Here’s how to get started.
- 10 Simple Twitter Tactics That Will Get You More Traffic Today — Are you struggling to harness the power of Twitter to promote to your content? Try these 10 simple tactics and drive more traffic to your blog today.
- How I Got 532 Subscribers in 43 Days Using Cheap Facebook Ads — Did you know that Facebook ads are a cheap but highly effective way to build your email list (and get traffic)? Here’s how to do it on just five dollars a day.
- Why Your Site Gets Such Pitiful Traffic (and What to Do about It) — If your website gets embarrassingly little traffic, you may be making one of these far from obvious mistakes.
Want to Avoid the Most Common Blogging Mistakes?
Even experts make mistakes. How do you think they became experts? Trial and error, baby.
Fortunately, you have a choice. Learn the hard way and bump your head against the same mistakes as everyone else, or use your brain and learn from the failures of others.
If you want to avoid some common pitfalls, read these posts:
- How to Write Blog Comments That Stand Out (Plus Examples!) — Here’s the thing: most blog comments suck. What does a great blog comment look like, and how do you write one? Here’s a simple four-part formula that works every time.
- 12 Blogging Mistakes That Make You Look like a World-Class Idiot — Don’t be surprised when you publish your great idea, hoping it buzzes around the blogosphere, and it tanks. Not just tanks – but explodes in an inferno of criticism.
- The 7 Dumbest Mistakes You Can Make When Launching a New Blog — Getting readers is complicated. Getting readers is hard. As a new blogger, don’t make it harder by tripping over these common launch mistakes.
- 6 SEO Sins That’ll Put You on Google’s Naughty List — Did you know Google can make your blog disappear from its search results? Here are the six mistakes most likely to land you on their naughty list.
- 21 Warning Signs You Chose the Wrong Topic for Your Blog — You’re not getting much traffic. You’re not getting many comments. You’re not making any money. And now? You’re getting a little worried.
- Why Posting Every Day is a Silly Strategy (And What to Do Instead) — If you doubt your ability to be a successful blogger, it may be your strategy; most specifically, posting every day. Here’s why this strategy is downright dangerous.
- Why You Shouldn’t Create a Newsletter (and What to Do Instead) — Once upon a time, the online newsletter produced enormous profits for all kinds of businesses. Nowadays, it’s just pure foolishness.
- 13 Reasons Why Blog Ads Are a Silly Monetization Strategy (And What to Do Instead) — If you think advertising is the best way to make money from your blog, think again. This post explains why blog ads just make you look silly.
Want to Make Some Money from Your Blog?
Of course, you love to blog. We get it. Blogging fuels your heart and warms you right down to your soul.
And if that’s honestly all you want out of blogging, awesome.
But if you want to pour that passion of yours into a honest-to-goodness money maker, there are a few things you need to learn first.
Monetizing your blog isn’t a mystery. Here’s how you do it:
- Affiliate Marketing for Beginners: Go from 0 to $1,000 In Passive Income — Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest ways to make money online. This comprehensive 9,418-word guide tells you everything you need to know in one place.
- How to Become a Freelance Writer and Get Paid $200 – $1K per Post — Want to become a freelance writer? This comprehensive guide walks you through how to get started, where to find clients, and how to scale.
- 21 Dumb Mistakes to Avoid When Writing Your First E-book — Want to write an e-book so you can earn some passive income? Check out these 21 basic mistakes to make sure you’re not sabotaging your e-book’s success from the start.
- How to Make Money Writing: 5 Ways to Get Paid to Write in 2019 — Is it easy? No. But it’s certainly possible. This post shows you exactly how to make money writing — everything from getting paid to write for magazines to publishing your own Kindle book. All in one place.
- Kindle Direct Publishing: How to Make Real Money on Amazon — With Kindle publishing, you can self-publish your book on Amazon and start making money within 24 hours. This massive, how-to KDP guide will show you how.
- How to Run Your First Webinar (with No Skills, No Stress and No Budget) — Does running a webinar sound scary and expensive? Here’s how to run a simple webinar that builds trust and authority without spending a single penny.
- How to Make Money Blogging (Free Guide for 2019) — Can you make money blogging? The answer is YES — if you follow these hard-won lessons for building a profitable blog from scratch.