New American Funding is actively seeking a SEO content writer with equal talents in writing and SEO. This team member will be on the Content team and work closely with the SEO team. The SEO writer plays a key role in writing, editing, and optimizing online SEO content for NAF and its affiliated companies. The content will be tailored to the mortgage industry and other financial trends, while consciously targeting specific demographics or audiences. The goal of the SEO content writer is to establish and prove organic growth with the purpose of driving leads. Experience with writing unique SEO content and blogs is essential. The candidate will regularly optimize new and existing online content, in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
Location: Remote OK – but if living within 30 miles of Tustin or Austin office must be able to come in 2 days a week.
Salary range: $62,400 to $90,000
- Write optimized keyword-rich SEO content, on topics specific to the mortgage industry.
- Review, enhance, and edit SEO content written by team members (elevate the overall quality and accuracy across content formats).
- Conduct backlinking analysis and creation, keyword research, rank analysis, and content marketing strategy analysis according to best SEO practices and share recommendations with the team.
- Optimize current copy, landing pages and metadata for maximum organic exposure and conversions while maintaining engaging targeted content.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create engaging and meaningful SEO content (blogs, product pages, web pages, etc.) which align with our organic growth strategy.
- Research and recommend topics and content to increase organic visibility through SEO efforts.
- Stay up to date on SEO trends with continuing education and industry publications.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Journalism, Communications, or similar field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience writing SEO content for online deliverables.
- Excellent writing, critical analysis, and editing skills.
- Impeccable grammar and spelling.
- Advanced knowledge of SEO and how it applies to content marketing.
- Knowledge of SEO tools such as SEM Rush.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools such as Asana.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to plan, organize, prioritize.
- Able to work quickly to meet deadlines, always balancing quality and quantity.
- Can work independently and collaborate as part of a team.
** NOTE ** We will be requesting writing samples/portfolio **
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Other Duties: This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.