About the Interledger Foundation
The Interledger Foundation is working towards a more equitable and creative global society through an open payments network that connects and benefits each human, regardless of identity, geography, or income. To drive this vision forward we:
- Connect a powerful community of web advocates and leaders
- Promote creative and innovative solutions to connecting humanity
- Steward technology and standards work that advances open payment technology
Financial exclusion and scarcity have often been a tool for oppression, discrimination, and systemic inequity. The Interledger Foundation is committed to building financial systems to include voices that have been traditionally excluded. Our extraordinarily ambitious goal is to decentralize power, privilege, and financial control.
About the Role
The Interledger Foundation seeks an engaging and creative Technical Writer to join our welcoming and inclusive team. This position will help untangle and explain the Interledger and Web Monetization technologies and contribute to the organization’s successful growth.
We seek a mission-oriented, strategic, creative, and collaborative candidate who cares deeply about using the platform of the web to expand financial inclusion. The Technical Writer position is ideal for a detail-oriented candidate interested in applying an equity and systems thinking approach to the intersections of technology, creative expression, and commerce.
As Our Senior Technical Writer You Will
- Demonstrate empathy and enjoy removing barriers to others’ success;
- Translate technical protocol specifications into developer-centric documentation;
- Create and maintain GraphQL API specs for the Interledger reference implementation
- Create technical content for our developer community. This includes tutorials, blog posts and use case studies;
- Continuously improve the Interledger documentation based on ecosystem feedback;
- Develop and maintain a high standard for writing best practices across the Interledger organisation;
- Help people across the Interledger ecosystem and the developer community to contribute to our documentation;
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has experience writing technical documentation for APIs;
- Has experience working with OpenAPI / GraphQL specifications;
- Shows proven knowledge of authoring documentation in Markdown;
- Shows proven knowledge using git and GitHub to collaborate;
- Shows proven knowledge working with cURL;
- Has excellent written English skills.
Nice To Have
- You are part of an established developer community;
- Experience writing for online publications;
- Experience documenting open-source projects;
The Interledger Foundation is based in the United States and has a fully remote staff. This position can be based almost anywhere in the world, though preference is given to applicants from Canada, India, the UK and the United States. Compensation may be affected by international hiring costs in specific locations.
For eligible employees based in the U.S, the Interledger Foundation provides a competitive benefits offering including:
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Student Loan Repayment
- Shared Office Reimbursement
- Internet Reimbursement
- Home Office Equipment Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Parental Leave
- Bereavement Leave
Employees based outside the U.S may be eligible for a local benefits offering or a stipend for use in acquiring benefits and health care.