Smart Blogger is looking for a quick learning, detail-oriented Technical Marketing Assistant to be a key player in building out, measuring, and improving our marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate will have a variety of technical skills including experience with WordPress, experience setting up integrations between online tools, and an interest in learning to apply those skills and experiences to online marketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a marketing assistant, you will perform the following types of duties:
- Working with Infusionsoft – creating campaigns, sending email broadcasts, running reports, etc.
- Creating and editing pages in WordPress using Thrive Leads and other tools and plugins
- Setting up webinars using GoToWebinar and EverWebinar
- Tracking and reporting on marketing campaign performance
- Setting up and testing integrations for new tools
- Responding to technical questions from the helpdesk
Who You Are
- You want to learn and implement cutting-edge online marketing techniques.
- You like working under deadlines. It’s like a race and you're going to win!
- You keep up with the latest trends in online design.
- You're hungry to learn. Give you food and data and tools and resources and let you soar!
- You want to apply what you're learning directly to your work to make your job easier.
- You aim to simplify your work processes by finding patterns and making your work efficient.
- You like to be the person with your finger on the button.
- You care about the quality of your work and are adamant in ensuring things are flowing smoothly.
- You see the work to be done and do it, moving fast and finding solutions without a lot of handholding.
- You think spreadsheets and data are fun.
Skills You Have
- Exceptional organizational skills to coordinate and track multiple projects and processes simultaneously
- Extreme attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience setting up web integrations (between webinar software, CRM, landing page builders, analytics, etc.)
- Familiarity with WordPress – configuring themes and plugins, setting up new pages, solving formatting issues, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Clear communication skills
Bonus Skills and Attributes:
- Membership to one of our courses (Guest Blogging, Serious Bloggers Only, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL and SQL reporting techniques
- Conversion oriented design skills (design focused on getting more opt-ins, sales, etc.)
- Experience with Facebook advertising or retargeting
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Experience working with Infusionsoft or another marketing automation platform
- Split testing using tools like Visual Website Optimizer
- Familiarity with membership site software like iMember360, Zippy Courses, etc.
This is a 100% virtual role with the successful applicant expected to use their own reliable equipment and high-speed internet connection.
This is a full-time, salaried position. Most of the time, you will work approximately 40 hours a week and have a fairly normal workweek, but if we are doing a launch, you will be expected to put in some extra hours along with everyone else.
Most of the time, you will work between 9 AM and 5 PM Eastern, but we will also occasionally ask you to be available in the evenings. You’ll have most weekends free, but you might occasionally have to come in and catch up for a few hours if it’s an especially busy time.
In general, we will do our best to be conscientious about your workload, but the company is growing fast, and such growth doesn’t come without growing pains. You will probably feel overloaded at times. When that happens, please talk to us, and we will all help out.
In the future, we also plan to hire additional marketing staff. You might end up working beside them, you might end up managing them, or you might end up getting promoted to an entirely different position. The upside of growth is there are lots of opportunities for everyone on the horizon.
Compensation & Benefits
The position pays a salary of $36,000 per year plus health benefits after 90 days. After 90 days, you will also receive sick time and begin to accumulate PTO. You may accumulate up to 80 hours of PTO and 40 hours of sick time per year.
If you do a good job, you can expect plenty of opportunities for raises and promotions. We believe in promoting from within whenever possible.
Smart Blogger is the brainchild of Jon Morrow and operated under the name of Boost Blog Traffic until last year. Both names are synonymous with some of the best training available for learning how to drive traffic to your website and springboard your visibility through writing. Overall, the culture is laid back and supportive.
Also, we believe in hiring and promoting according to our company values:
- We believe perfectionism can be a good thing. Not the indulgent kind where you obsess over trivial details, but taking the extra time to get it right when it matters most, of being so good at what you do it leaves people awestruck.
- We believe we can be even more productive at home than at an office. Sure, nobody is watching over our shoulders to see if we’re productive, but they don’t have to. We get so much done there’s absolutely no doubt we are staying on task. And yes, pajamas are totally a productivity enhancer.
- We believe flexibility is a two-way street. Yes, we have the freedom to adjust our schedule whenever there’s not a meeting, but we’re also available when a teammate runs into a problem or there’s an urgent issue, even when it’s not during our normal hours.
- We believe in peace and quiet. No politics, no drama, no needless meetings, no distracting our teammates. Instead, we create a space where everyone can focus, and in that space, we do the deep work that really matters.
- We believe in doing what’s right for our customers, even when it’s painful. Sometimes that means offering a refund when it’s against policy, giving them a bit of free coaching, or referring them to another company that can serve them better. It may not be convenient, it may not be profitable, but it’s right, and that’s all that matters.
How to Apply
Please send an up-to-date resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Technical Marketing Assistant”.