Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies UpCurve, Inc. and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett’s Digital Marketing Solutions (DMS) business is looking for a creative and experienced copywriter to join our talented B2B marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Content Marketing, this role supports our ambitious vision and growth goals by creating unique and compelling content that drives traffic, engagement, brand awareness, leads, and customer success for both the LocaliQ and WordStream by LocaliQ brands. The right person for the role has a strong understanding of both best practices and emerging trends in digital marketing, along with exceptional writing skills.
*Note: Applicants should submit a link to their portfolio or recent online writing samples with their application.
- Regularly write new content for our websites and blogs, covering topics that are relevant to core audiences, prospects, and customer bases, including both industry news and evergreen how-to content, to help us grow our audience and increase brand awareness.
- Create educational content such as guides, reports, courses, videos, and other resources to engage leads across the funnel.
- Collaborate with the content team to develop story ideas that align with our business goals and customer personas, then execute on those ideas.
- Support our organic search engine presence by implementing SEO best practices across all new content.
- Help keep content across our online properties up-to-date and in line with brand standards.
- Stay up to date with trends in content marketing and SEO and actively test new content types and tactics.
- Collaborate with the team on initiatives to promote our content and increase audience engagement on social media.
- Become an expert in digital marketing to instill our brand content with trust and authority.
- BA/BS degree in marketing, English, journalism, or a related field, or equivalent working experience.
- 4-5 years of experience in a copywriting and/or content marketing role.
- Strong grasp of online marketing, with working knowledge of Google Ads, Facebook advertising, SEO, social media, and other digital marketing channels.
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management systems.
- Direct experience at a software, SaaS, or B2B company is a plus.
The annualized base salary for this role will range between $51,300 and $120,750. Variable compensation is not reflected in these figures and based on the role, may be applicable. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, location, and union representation, if applicable