You want to read the blogger books that have it all.
The best books help you write better, plan kick-ass blog content, grow your online business, and adopt the key habits and attitudes of blogging masters.
But where do you start?
If you’ve been scrolling endlessly on Amazon looking for just the right blogging book review, you can stop now — we’ve got you covered.
We’ve published content about blogging for 10 years and read A LOT of great books along the way. So if it’s on our list, you can bet it’s massively helpful.
Read on to find the blogger books that suit you in 2023!
The 12+ Best Blogger Books for 2023
You’re about to read a list of diverse books and book recommendations — each book review offering help and support, no matter where you’re at in your blogging journey.
Whether you’re a total newbie learning about writing and how to start your blog, or a seasoned blogger looking to learn advanced SEO, you can find something in this booklist. So find the blogger books that grab you, get to reading, and then start putting your knowledge into action!
1. Problogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett
Do you dream of building a six-figure blog? Darren Rowse did it, explaining exactly how in this third edition of Problogger — co-written with marketing expert Chris Garrett.
When reading this book, you’ll learn about:
- Choosing a blog topic and analyzing your market
- Proven techniques for building a successful business from your blog
- Growing your audience and promoting your blog through social media/advertising
Who Should Read Problogger?
Brand new and seasoned bloggers who are looking to increase their income.
2. Virtual Freedom by Chris C. Ducker
A successful blogger wears a million different hats — writer, SEO specialist, marketer, social media guru, and more.
If you’re struggling to achieve work/life balance because you’re putting TONS of hours into your blog, this book is for you. Chris C. Ducker is a “Virtual CEO” and outsourcing expert.
His book will teach you:
- Which jobs you should outsource
- How to hire and manage a successful virtual team to help run and grow your business
- How to find affordable tools and resources to help you along the way
Who Should Read Virtual Freedom?
Bloggers in a rapid growth phase wanting to get started with outsourcing.
3. One Million Followers: How I Built A Massive Social Media Following in 30 Days by Brendan Kane
As a blogger, they tell us we must master social media if we want our killer content to have a global audience. But how do you transcend the noise of 3 billion-plus active users? “Growth Hacker” Brenden Kane did it in 30 days.
In his book, he’ll explain:
- How to find your core audience through creating and sharing authentic content
- How to leverage Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and LinkedIn to attract followers
- The tools you need to build a massive social media following from scratch
Who Should Read One Million Followers?
Bloggers interested in mastering social media to gain followers.
4. How To Blog For Profit Without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Soukup
If you put your heart and soul into your blogging, asking your beloved audience for money can feel…well, awkward. Ruth Soukup is here to help. Blogging about deeply personal topics helped her fashion a massively helpful 7-figure lifestyle business.
Her book shares:
- How to build a profitable blog, step-by-step
- How to leverage the power of content marketing to grow your business
- How to stay authentic by creating genuinely helpful content
Who Should Read How to Blog for Profit?
New and personal bloggers who want to monetize their blog.
5. Atomic Habits by James Clear
What habits do you have to ensure writing and blogging success? Habits expert James Clear has helped millions of readers create systems of tiny habits that lead to massive results over time.
His book offers:
- A proven method for breaking bad habits and establishing good ones
- How to design your environment to make good habits easier
- How to achieve your goals by getting 1% better every day
Who Should Read Atomic Habits?
Anyone who wants to build better habits and become a more productive blogger.
6. Creative Confidence by Tom Kelley and David Kelley
So, you’re not the “creative type.” So what? Tom and David Kelley, design and innovation experts, explain how everyone has creative potential.
Reading Creative Confidence shows you how to:
- Unlock your creative potential at work and home
- Teach you to apply creativity to problem-solving
- Entertain and inspire you with their design students’ powerful stories
Who Should Read Creative Confidence?
Bloggers who want to supercharge their creativity to craft unique and original content.
7. On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
Learn the craft of writing from one of the best-selling suspense, crime, fantasy, and science fiction authors, the “King of Horror” and graphic novel aficionado Stephen King. Need I say more?
While reading On Writing, you’ll learn about:
- King’s entertaining and inspiring memories of his childhood and how they shaped him as a writer
- Practical tools and advice from over 50 years of writing experience in the horror and fantasy genre
- How writing helped him recover from a near-fatal accident
Who should read On Writing?
Writers who want to hone their writing skills and experience entertainment simultaneously!
8. WordPress for Beginners 2022 by Dr. Andy Williams
The WordPress platform is the gold standard for bloggers. Learn its basics, and you’ll do fine. Master it and you’ll take your blog from bland to brilliant.
When reading this visual guide, Dr. Andy Williams discusses:
- How to set up hosting and install WordPress
- A complete overview of the dashboard, settings, plugins, widgets, themes, media library, and more
- How to create content and manage comments
Who Should Read WordPress 2022?
New and seasoned bloggers who want to up their WordPress game.
9. SEO 2022 by Adam Clarke
You can create the most life-changing content ever, but it won’t matter if no one sees it. If you want Google to reward your content’s awesomeness, you need to learn about Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
While reading this guide, Indie author and Google Certified Professional Adam Clarke will show you:
- How to rank on Google and massively increase traffic step-by-step
- Local SEO fundamentals
- Basic and advanced link-building strategies to increase the ranking potential
- Insider sources for FREE expert SEO advice
Who Should Read SEO 2022?
Any blogger who wants to increase traffic by ranking higher in Google search.
10. The One-Hour Content Plan by Meera Kothand
You’re not alone if you’re constantly banging your head against the wall trying to generate new content ideas. Email marketing strategist, Meera Kothand wants to help you create a year’s worth of traffic-driving content in 1-hour.
While reading One-Hour Content Plan, you’ll observe:
- 3 core methods for instantly generating content ideas
- 5 types of content you need to attract and grow your audience
- 8 crucial elements that make up a successful blog post
Who Should Read One-Hour Content Plan?
Bloggers who struggle to produce new content ideas and want to elevate their content planning.
11. Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
Your content needs to be good if you want to attract an audience in today’s online world. I mean, ridiculously good. In this great read, marketing veteran, Ann Handley teaches you how to elevate your content in Everybody Writes.
- Basic writing and grammar tips-written in a fun and memorable way
- How to master the 17 most common types of marketing content
- Best practices for creating trustworthy content based on the rules of journalism
- How to tell a genuinely captivating story
Who Should Read Everybody Writes?
Bloggers interested in improving their content marketing knowledge and skills to stand out.
12. Master Content Strategy by Pamela Wilson
Have you ever thought about your content life-cycle? You should.
Bloggers can increase engagement by creating the right content at the right time, and marketing expert Pamela Wilson has this process down to a science.
Her book offers:
- The 3 ingredients of “Very Important Content” (The only kind you should create!)
- How to create yearly, quarterly, and monthly content plans to organize and direct your content marketing strategy
- A helpful idea bank for repurposing content to expand your reach on any platform
Who Should Read Master Content Strategy?
Bloggers who want to level up their content and content planning to engage a broader audience.
13. Content Mapping by Henry Adaso
What if you could create a map that led from your customer’s intent to the content that drives conversions? Another great read, Content Mapping, shows you how.
When reading this book you’ll discover:
- The basics of content mapping and how to get your customers to say “yes”
- How to increase your revenue through personalized content that speaks to customers
- How to create a flow and sequence for your content to maximize its effect
Who Should Read Content Mapping?
Bloggers who want to make more targeted content to increase conversions.
How Reading These Blogger Books Can Change Your Life
You’ve just previewed 13 of our favorite blogger books — great reads jam-packed with actionable advice, inspiring stories, and innovative ideas.
Choose one that meets you where you are, whether you want to boost creativity, sharpen your writing skills, create a killer content plan or finally master WordPress. What’s most important is that you start now.
Because reading these books won’t change your life. You will.
So pour yourself a cup of coffee, get reading, and then go out there and put ideas into action!